Advent Reconciliation Service
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Solemnity of The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Noon & 7:00 PM
(7 PM Mass will be Livestreamed)
(Holy Day of Obligation)
GROW + GO HAS MOVED!
The weekly GROW + GO content has been moved to its own page which can be found under the MORE... tab at the top of this page.
Please read the following Mass guidelines that will be followed when the celebration of Mass begins. These guidelines must be followed in order to comply with social distancing. The following link will also take you to the diocesan website with Mass guidelines:
Pope Francis' Prayer to Virgin Mary for Protection from COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic can be found by clicking on the picture above and you will find the prayer toward the bottom of the page.
Coronavirus Update from the Bishop
Beginning Saturday, May 23, 2020 parishes will begin the 'Limited Celebration of Public Masses'.
Saturday 5:00 PM
Sunday 9:00 AM
Weekday Mass Schedule:
Tuesday - Friday 12:00 PM (Noon)
First Friday Adoration
December 4, 2020 at 11:30 AM
Church will be OPEN for Personal Prayer for the following hours:
Monday-Wednesday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Reconciliation: By appointment.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
For updated information on the coronavirus, the Diocese of Richmond has created a web page. Visit the following website below for more information.
Sunday Mass with Bishop Knestout
**Bishop Barry C. Knestout will live stream his private celebration of Sunday Mass at 10:00 AM until further notice for the faithful. For further details, visit www.richmonddiocese.org/livestream
Daily Mass is available online or via media if you are unable to attend Mass at:
and after Mass offer this prayer:
After participating in Mass via media offer this prayer:
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Please call the office at 757-365-0579 if you would like to schedule a Funeral Service. If it is after hours, please listen to the message and call the number provided for assistance.
(Revised on November 14, 2020)
Our parish celebrates weekend Masses at 5pm on Saturdays and 9am on Sundays. Our six foot apart social distanced seating is available on a first come, first served basis. We have not yet turned anyone away from lack of seating!
* Beginning November 16, 2020, all present for the liturgy ages 5 and older must wear face coverings at all times. The mask needs to cover both nose and mouth. Everyone is expected to wear a face covering when coming to Holy Communion. Per our diocese, the parish may not distribute masks as it opens us up to unnecessary liability.
* In regards to Governor Ralph Northam's latest orders on public and private in-person gatherings, "Attendance at religious services is limited only by adherence to maintaining proper social distancing. Religious services include, but are not limited to Sunday or daily Mass, Funerals, Weddings, School Masses, and other liturgical celebrations." (Catholic Diocese of Richmond)
* Please notify the parish if you test positive for COVID-19 and have been on site in the past 14 days. Your identity will remain confidential.
* If an individual has been on-site in the past 14 days and has tested positive for COVID-19, it will be posted to the parish website for 3 days.
* Prior to entering the church, all attendees will be asked to review and respond to the following new screening statements for all parishes in the diocese based on recent CDC guidance:
1) Your temperature is under 100.4 degrees (self-administered within 2 hours prior to entering the building).
2) In the past two (2) weeks, HAVE NOT presented symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, chills, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, with no alternative diagnosis.
3) In the past two (2) weeks, you HAVE NOT been exposed – less than six (6) feet for greater than 15 minutes – to anyone who has tested positive for or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 (with no alternative diagnosis), without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
* All present are encouraged to use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving church (bring their own personal supply with them) and before receiving Communion.
* Ushers will determine where you will be seated and escort you to your seat(s).
* All are asked to refrain from physical contact, such as holding hands during the Our Father and shaking hands during the Sign of Peace.
* There will be no socializing before or after Mass.
* Our weekday Mass schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at noon. Those in a vulnerable category (i.e., older adults, those 65 years and older; people who are immunocompromised) who do not wish to be around larger groups of people may wish to attend a weekday Mass. However, the CDC and Governor of Virginia does recommend that those in a vulnerable category remain home.
* Livestreaming - Livestreaming of our 9am Sunday Mass will continue for the faithful unable to attend, e.g., those in a vulnerable category.
* Bishop Knestout dispenses all of the faithful of the Diocese of Richmond from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days until further notice.
* Reconciliation is by appointment only. At this time, the diocese does not permit confession to be heard within one hour of Mass time.